|"Precious Entanglements" 2012, Janet Taylor Pickett|
MIXED MEDIA ARTIST AND ARTS ACTIVIST
JANET TAYLOR PICKETT
IN THE 2013 SHOW
Janet has been a trusted adviser and friend to ATA since its inception and the Board of Trustees are please to highlight her prolific career in our upcoming exhibit. She is one who cares deeply about the Arts Community.
|Janet in front of her work also made into a scarf|
- · The Ford Foundation
- · The New Jersey State Council of the Arts
- · The Mid-Atlantic State Arts Council
- · Pilchuck School of Glass artist fellowship
- · The Valpariso Foundation of Mojcar, Spain, as well as others.
- · The University of Michigan
- · Montclair Art Museum
- · Bloomfield Collage
- · Art in The Atrium – Morristown, NJ (numerous years)
- · Jane Voorhees Zimmerli Art Museum
- · The Monmouth Museum- Threaded Through The Fiber Arts - Culture and Memories
- · The Noyes Museum – Icons, Symbols & Alters
- · The Montclair Museum – Celebrating 90 Years
- · Solo exhibition at The University of Eastern New Mexico
- · Solo Exhibition Northampton Community College, Bethlehem, PA
- · Visiting Lecturer Miami Dade College, Miami FL
- · WWOR TV – “Real Talk”
- · WHYY Public Television in PA - Brandywine Printmaking Workshop Documentary – aired August 28, 2007
- · Solo Exhibition – Lafayette College Portlock Black Cultural Center, Easton, PA
- · Imlay Fine Art – Montclair, NJ Vestments and Vessels
- · Sophia Wanamaker Galleries of the Costa Rican North American Cultural Center –
- · University of Costa Rica – Limon, Costa Rica
- · She has also completed a limited edition of hand colored intaglios in an artist’s handmade book called “Me and Matisse” which is now in the collection of the Montclair Art Museum.
- · She has completed three limited edition prints out of The Brandywine Printmaking Workshop in Philadelphia, PA – From the Middle Passage Series.
- · Janet is a past member of the board of trustees of The Montclair Art Museum.
- · Janet also was a featured artist on HGTV ‘Crafters Coast to Coast’ (episode #129)
- · Janet has also appeared in a documentary film called “Working Title: Exploring the Vocational Identity of the Contemporary American Artist” produced by Phil Lane of New York City and directed by Jon Givens of San Francisco, California. You may visit the website to view a trailer of the film – www.workingtitle.tv – as well as order the DVD.